Free online delivery
also on weekends and holidays
- Software download from the official website
- Activation code valid for one PC
- Issue of Italian electronic invoice with 22% VAT
- Installation and activation guide in English
SQL Server 2016 database engine
- Multiple tempDB database files can now be configured during SQL Server installation and configuration.
- The new Query Store feature allows you to store query texts, execution plans and performance metrics within the database, so you can easily monitor and troubleshoot performance issues. A dashboard displays the queries that use the most time, memory or CPU resources.
- Time tables are chronological tables in which all data changes are recorded, including the date and time they occurred.
- The new JSON support built into SQL Server supports JSON imports, exports, parsing and archiving.
- The new PolyBase query engine allows SQL Server to be integrated with external data in Hadoop or Azure’s BLOB archive. You can import and export data, as well as execute queries.
The new Stretch Database feature allows data to be stored dynamically and securely from a local SQL Server database to an Azure SQL database in the cloud. SQL Server enables automatic queries on local and remote data in connected databases.
OLTP in memory:
- FOREIGN KEY, UNIQUE and CHECK constraints and native compiled stored procedures OR, NOT, SELECT DISTINCT, OUTER JOIN as well as subqueries in SELECT are now supported.
- Tables of up to 2 TB (from 256 GB) are supported.
- Improvements are available for the column store index for sorting and Always On availability group support.
New security features:
- Always Encrypted: When this feature is enabled, only the application with the encryption key can access sensitive encrypted data in the SQL Server 2016 database. The key is never passed to SQL Server.
- Dynamic Data Masking: When specified in the table definition, masked data is hidden for most users and only users with UNMASK permission can view the full data.
- Row-level security: Access to data can be restricted at the database engine level so that users only view relevant items.
- See Database Engine.
- SQL Server 2016 Analysis Services (SSAS)
- SQL Server 2016 Analysis Services offers improved performance, database creation, management, filtering, processing and more for databases with a tabular model based on Compatibility Level 1200.
- SQL Server R Services integrates the R programming language, used for statistical analysis, into SQL Server.
- The new database consistency check (DBCC) functionality is performed internally to detect possible data corruption problems.
- The direct query functionality, which allows queries on dynamic external data instead of importing it in the first place, now supports multiple data sources, including SQL Azure, Oracle and Teradata.
- Several new DAX (Data Access Expressions) functions are available.
- The new Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Tabular namespace handles tabular mode instances and models.
- Analysis Services Management (AMO) has been refactored to include a second assembly, Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Core.dll.
- See Analysis Services Engine (SSAS).
- SQL Server 2016 Integration Services (SSIS)
- Always On availability group support
- Incremental packet deployment
- Always Encrypted support
- New ssis_logreader database level role
- New custom logging level
- Column names for errors in the data stream
- New connectors
- Support for the Hadoop File System (HDFS)
- See Integration Services (SSIS).
- SQL Server 2016 Master Data Services (MDS)
- Improvements to derived hierarchies, including support for recursive and many-to-many hierarchies
- Domain-based attribute filtering
- Entity synchronisation for sharing entity data between models
- Approval workflows via change sets
- Custom indexes to improve query performance
- New authorisation levels to improve security
- New design of business rule management experience
- See Master Data Services (MDS).
- SQL Server 2016 Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Reporting Services has been completely revamped in this release.
- New web portal for reports with KPI functionality
- New Mobile Report Publisher
- Redesigned report rendering engine supporting HTML5
- New tree map and radial chart types
There are no reviews yet.